Nov 9, 2008

Vote for Sig - Again

Prior to the US election's completion, I began campaigning for my own stab at the Presidency. I know, avatar don't have a vote but that's just a minor detail. Not too long ago, women didn't have a vote but it didn't stop them campaigning. For those who didn't see the effects of my campaign, click the link below:

VOTE FOR SIGGY

Sadly, the country is not yet ready to elect an avatar as President, yet another example of why prejudice has not yet been stamped out. Why, until we see a black, female, disabled, gay avatar in the White House, how can we say Democracy has triumphed?

But I refuse to let this little setback affect me. In a recent post on Second Thoughts, Prokofy Neva revealed the creation a new parliament. Although you need to own land in order to be a part of this parliament, I have enough, so his is just the place for me to launch the next phase of my political career.

So here's what I wrote to Prokofy about my candidacy:

"Cool! My meager but adequate 512m2 buys me in then. In line with most progressive parliamentary systems, I'd like to lobby for any post that is "without-portfolio." This, in effect, means I get to enjoy the fruits of abuse - sorry, "parliamentary privilege" - yet don't actually have to do any work. I'll be happy to turn up at any junket or bean-feast with my current mistress-du-jour in tow ("Oh, Siggy, I love that you're so powerful and important!") and make bold, sweeping pontifications with maximum sound-bites and minimum substance.

Of course, I think all parliamentary posts should come with an official residence. I'm thinking of a multi-roomed residence on a whole sim with enough prims to befit the status of "parliamentarian" and well- tended gardens groomed to perfection by noobs looking to make $5L per hour in a real job, not wasting time camping.

So, I humbly submit myself - selflessly - to serve as a simple representative of this great world of hours. I promise - nay pledge - to uphold the Truth, stand for Decency, and work to ensure that ALL the residents of Second Life can live in Liberty, Egality, and Fraternity - or whatever they chose to name their sim.

Er, any Post 6 Grrlz looking for secretarial work?"

So vote now, vote early, vote SIG!

No comments: