Aug 12, 2008

California Beach

We wanted one reasonably relaxed day so I'd picked Tuesday as a beach trip. having taken my daughters to Huntington Beach in the past, I felt it was time for my wife to experience it too so we took the short drive from Anaheim to Huntington and wandered around the town before taking our shoes and socks off to paddle the Pacific. It was a red letter day for my wife as she had never touched the Pacific Ocean before. She was convinced it was colder than the Atlantic - I suspend my judgment on that one.


After spending some time on the beach, we went back to the hotel and lounged by the pool smothered in sun tan lotion. I chilled out to SpaceJunky on my iPod and began reading Pedro Páramo by Juan Rulfo for a second time. The first time I got the book from the library but I was so taken by it that I bought my own copy in Santa Monica. It was recommend to me by Mony and I now recommend it highly.

Dinner was at McCormick & Schmick's of Anaheim, located in the Anaheim Garden Walk across from Disney. Good food yet again, washed down with a Glenlivet single malt.

No comments: