Aug 5, 2008

Filet Mignon at La Gargote

For the curious non-French speakers amongst you, a "gargote" is slang for a small, cheap bistro - which is exactly what La Gargote in Montreal is about. Situated in the old part of town at La Place d'Youville, the restaurant offers a selection of French-based dishes and a wonderful atmosphere. I dined on the terrasse across the road from the main building along with some good company.


After having eaten a poor steak au poivre the previous night, in a restaurant whose name I forget and, quite frankly, don't care to remember, I ordered the filet mignon in a black pepper sauce, served with some crisp mixed vegetables. Delish!

The blueberry creme brulee was heavenly and almost too good to share - but share I had to. We also ordered a chocolate profiterole that was also gorgeous, but of the two, I really did prefer the brulee.

A cappuccino helped end the evening and after a 15-minutes stroll I was back at the hotel feeling full and rested.

No comments: